Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tribute to Fred (Frederick Alan Loucks)


Tribute to Fred (Frederick Alan Loucks)

 



I learned of the passing of my brother Fred on September 22, 2014.

 

At this time, the details are a little blurred.

 

After hearing the news, I started to walk in the field when it was impressed upon my heart by the Lord that it's okay, Freddy made it. After that, it was total peace...

 

My wife, children and I have a long history with Fred residing with us. Starting in upstate NY in about 1980, then in Arizona at different times, (he missed NM), then West Virginia in the late 90's and finally Tennessee in the early 2000's. We knew the Fred of old, and witnessed the beginning of his slow spiral downward. *We have to choose our path wisely, or sometimes the path will choose us. In Matthew chapter 11, verse 28 _ Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. *Jesus is and always will be the correct path...

 

If there cannot be a funeral for Fred in a traditional sense due to logistics / finances, that's okay in the end.  In 2 Corinthians, chapter 5, verse 8  - Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord. When we draw our last breath, our soul/spirit is no longer in our earthly bodies but in the Hands of a merciful GOD. Fred met his Savior upon his last breath...

 

For those  who knew and loved Fred over the years, reflect on the good times and let the other stuff be lost to eternity. *In the book of Luke, chapter 6, verse 37 - "Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.

 

Inclosing, Fred heard the Gospel many times over the years, I truly believe GOD gave me the peace than in his final moments he responded to what the Bible says in the book of Acts, chapter 2, verse 21 - But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.' *We each need to do the same.

 

Until we meet again, enjoy your new life Fred!

Keith, Joan, Stefano, Joshua, Chad, Nicole, Hailey, Matthew, Cody, Grant DePace

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute Keith. I know you helped him a lot in his life and I am sure you told him about the gospel many times. There was a lot of good in him too. He was my first love, and my kids father. Praying for peace and comfort for you and yours. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I never knew he did this to poor Jason. LOL

    ReplyDelete